At the end of the day, I may only be just a grain of sand in the desert, but deep within my essence. There dwells entire galaxies decorating and illuminating universes beyond human understanding. Yet… More
To understand the meaning and depth of fairness
One has to be in the mires of despair
Searching for answers as to why things are the way they are.
To understand this one must feel it
Really absorb this manifestation of cruelty
Created in cold hearts from an even colder mind.
To solve it, is to remain honest to the cause
Is to bear truth to the matter that caused strife in the beginning.
Too many times we’ve held hands when actions were needed
And spoke words filled with venom when forgiveness was needed.
We know very well what happens when the desired result weren’t achieved
Just unanswered wishes and hollow victories
As another generation is born
To clean the mess that we couldn’t help do in our time.
I wonder at times if life is one big sitcom,
and the people we meet in our journey
are reoccurring guests from past lives or part of the cast and everyone knows their role but you.
If I promise to love you forever
Is that really true?
Or is that kind of special bond a once in a lifetime thing that separates itself from the rest.
I think sometimes in life
all we can do is have faith and be firm on it.
We can’t control other people’s thoughts or feelings,
but we can control our own,
and if you believe in integrity and honesty.
then your word is your bond
and that in itself is sacred.
What more can be written about a year that has shown us so much
a year that has changed us all
whether we wanted to or not.
They say in moments of chaos
we are meant to stay firm and resolute,
but it would be a lie to say that was always true.
As the years go by it seems we always look to the next one
in hopes of something better, brighter, and full of light.
Yet it seems the world has a mind of it own
and is showing us things we’d rather ignore or hope it goes away.
Would I rather live my life with a comfortable lie or wake up to an ugly truth?
May the days and months ahead bring a peace of mind, joy and good health.
Regardless of how dark it looks,
the Sun will always shine through.
No need for forced smiles and friendships
when behind those smiles and relationships lies sorrow, guilt and regret.
We wonder at times how the person we are today differs from yesterday
Was it all just an illusion?
A mere figment from our imagination?
We didn’t sign up for fake friends, unfulfilled relationships and expectations.
so what changed and how?
Did we settle for safety and security instead of shooting for the stars?
or maybe this journey isn’t a race and we can be all these things
like being anxious, sad, happy and satisfied all at the same time
and that’s okay too.
I wish to thank my good friend Yiena for this nomination. Yiena is a fabulous writer and an amazing person. I also wish to take this moment and sincerely thank all those who take the time to read any of my work. I’m grateful but I feel even greater joy when I read the works of so many great writers on this platform and who share a piece of themselves on here and add on to the wonderful tapestry that is Life.
- What would you change about yourself if you could?
- If I could change something about myself it would be to strive to be more patient and being able to help others more.
2. What would you sing at Karaoke night?
- As I’m writing this Bill Withers & Grover Washington Jr ”Just the two of us” is playing so I could definitely imagine myself singing that on a karaoke night.
3. What’s your favourite family/ culture tradition?
- My Favourite family or cultural tradition is our hospitality especially coming from an African/Muslim background where charity is seen as really important and the relationships we make and form with each other is sacred and one we really cherish.
THE RULES :
- Tag your post with the #penableaward
- Display the Penable award logo (above) on your post and follow Penable if you haven’t already
- Thank the person that nominated you
- Tell us what your writing talent is
- Answer three questions that you have been asked
- Nominate three inspiring people for this award.
- Let them know of their nomination
- Give them three new questions to answer!
- What’s your go-to song to listen to when your upset or happy?
- How do you respond to setbacks or disappointments?
- What does having faith or conviction mean to you?
Please visit and enjoy their wonderful work!
To look for myself in the world
Is a recipe for sorrow, loss and pain
For I can search high and low
Near and far
And never find the person I truly am.
In my haste to chase the silhouette of who I thought I was
I heard a voice echo in my head
“Are you really chasing something you know you can’t see, touch, smell, hear or feel?”
I stopped in my tracks and asked myself
What am I chasing?
What is my end goal in all of this?
In that very moment I noticed a change ripple through my body
A veil being lifted from my eyes
The world and its chaos was a reflection of my inner turmoil
To seek myself in such conditions reflected my ignorance,
But now I know better
What I seek and aspire to be can all be found within me.
Let us not speak love but be love.
Let our actions bear witness to our character and how we carry ourselves.
As humans it’s unfair to box ourselves and set limits to our potential
when our potential is really as limitless as our imagination.
Only we can walk the path that Life has set us on
but what we do while on that path is truly in our own hands.
In time we’ll learn that fate and destiny were merely shadows of our own decisions.
Decisions that ultimately only we can choose.
If loving you meant I had to always give you my all
then my love will never be enough to satisfy you,
and if being with you meant I had to be something I’m not
then the love we share is not love at all.
Love is a word so often used but often misconstrued.
It shines bright and its rays can feel warm and radiating
but if its not mutual and respectful
those rays can be overwhelming and its brightness can be blinding.
Does love really last a lifetime
or rather for only a chapter in your life,
and we revisit on occasions when we reminisce on who we once were.
Is love a reflection of who we are at the moment
and that love can change at anytime?
Are we bound to always seek in others what we can search within ourselves?
Or is our past relationships merely sign posts to signal future partners
where we’ve been hurt or found joy.
2.Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
4.Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts.
5.List the rules and display a Liebster Blogger Award logo on your post and/or your blog site.
This is the Liebster Blogger Award. I’m extremely grateful to Benjamin Grossman for nominating me. He’s an amazing and very talented writer and I highly recommend to anyone to visit and enjoy the many wonderful posts he publishes.
1. What part of the human face is your favourite?
- I know it’s a cliche but I would say the eyes is my favourite. The reason being that our eyes often tell a whole story on their own and adds a new dimension to our feelings such as when we’re happy or sad.
2.If you could speak one word today, what would it be?
- My word would be tranquil and the reason being to be tranquil is to be at peace or in your own space which is kind of neat and worth striving for.
3.How long are you willing to wait for someone/something?
- I’d like to think I’m a patient person but it depends on the circumstances. If it’s something worth waiting for or of value then waiting isn’t an issue.
4.Do you find clowns creepy?
- Yes, I use to like them but only from a distance but when your up close and personal I don’t see how any child can see the funny side of clowns.
5.What takes up too much of your time?
- Thinking about the things you can’t control but also knowing you have to let go and play the cards you’ve been dealt with.
6.What’s your favorite day of the week?
- I would say Thursday .
7.Hero or villain for the day?
- Villains and only because I think villains are just heroes who’ve given up on idealism and deal with the world as they see it.
8.What one food could you never give up?
- This might be a bit boring but it would be fries. I don’t eat it as often but when I get a chance it’s like a guilty pleasure.
9.What sound do you really love?
- I find birds chirping a calming and peaceful presence.
10.What makes people perfect for each other?
- I don’t know if perfection can ever be reached but I firmly believe in being honest and fully understanding and respecting each other as being keys to a long-lasting relationships.
11.Would you rather be able to copy and paste in real life, or undo in real life?
- I would love the ability to undo because you can make mistakes and learn from them and then undo that experience and choose a better path but knowing not to make those same mistakes again.
I want to once again thank Benjamin Grossman for his wonderful questions. I really enjoyed them.
My Questions For My Nominees:
- What brings you joy and a smile to your face?
- What inspires you?
- How do your respond to challenges and obstacles?
- What something about the world that you don’t like?
- If you could change anything what would it be?
- To be a king/queen for a day or time travel to any period of your choice?
- What kind of music do you listen to when your happy or sad?
- Do you think social media is a gift or a curse?
- Would you prefer to read minds or influence others?
- Any advice to those thinking about starting a blog?
- What does gratitude mean to you?
Please visit and enjoy their wonderful work!